Compiler err compiling latest CVS

tschweikle at fiducia.de tschweikle at fiducia.de
Sat Jul 14 12:30:11 CDT 2001

> tschweikle at fiducia.de wrote:
>>> That's strange, this directory is not missing.
>>> Can you post the commands you used
>>> to get Wine from Cvs ?
>
>> Using bash:
>>   export CVSROOT=:pserver:cvs at cvs.winehq.com:/home/wine
>>   cd ~/packages/CVS/wine
>>   cvs upd -A
>
> An RTFM here, an RTFM there...
>
> It's amazing how easy a solution you can find in many cases...
> you can always say "RTFM" :-)
>
> Hmm, should be RTFW in this case, though
> (as in many other cases with Wine, too)
>
> In short: your flags are *wrong*

Don' think so (excerpt from http://www.winehq.com/download.shtml#co):

To check out the entire Wine source tree
   (but read the next section before actually doing this!), do
   cvs -z 3 checkout wine

This should deliver the whole tree to an empty directory, but doesn't.
'glu32' will be missing!

cd `dirname glu32/__depend__` && make depend
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/xch4008/wine/dlls/glu32'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `depend'.  Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/xch4008/wine/dlls/glu32'
make[1]: *** [glu32/__depend__] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xch4008/wine/dlls'
make: *** [dlls/__depend__] Error 2

Even if I try your idea of using

   cvs upd -Pd

doesn't deliver this directory.

And to make shure you do not mention my cvs-version beeing to low:

cvs --version
Concurrent Versions System (CVS) 1.11 (client/server)

Copyright (c) 1989-2000 Brian Berliner, david d `zoo' zuhn,
                        Jeff Polk, and other authors

CVS may be copied only under the terms of the GNU General Public License,
a copy of which can be found with the CVS distribution kit.

Specify the --help option for further information about CVS

> Oh, and yes, this is a FAQ; it's not in the FAQ area yet, though
> - will fix it immediately.

Realy FAQ???

--
Thomas