Internet via Firewall

Tham Kriengchaiyapruk tham at comnets.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jul 18 04:47:24 CDT 2001

Hi,

My linux computer is behind a firewall that I have no control of.

Netscape under Wine works fine, if I connect to a webpage within the
internal domain. But it cannot find anything outside the domain.

The funny thing is... if I use the native linux Netscape, I can access
webpages outside my domain too. This means my PC can access the internet,
but somehow this does not work under Wine.

This situation is true for all my internet apps such as telnet, napsters,
etc.

What did I do wrong? Do I have to add some special configuration to Wine so
it recognizes Firewall?

any suggestions are appreciated...