wine and printing..

Ian Pilcher ian.pilcher at home.com
Thu Jul 19 06:55:02 CDT 2001

Chr Radau wrote:

> I tried that. I'm running now wine-20010629.
> I'm able to print now with various apps.
> Unfortunately I can't install the CAD Software no more.
> (The main reason to play with wine)
>
> The Software lets me do a few installation-steps and the hangs forever.

I know a little bit about the PostScript driver, but I don't have any
understanding of the installation-related issues.  My only thought is to
install the application with the older version (if that works) and then
upgrade Wine.  If you have a dual-boot system, you could also try
installing the application under Windows and either running it off the
Windows partition or copying the appropriate files and registry entries
over.