wine and printing..

Chr Radau Chr.Radau at web.de
Fri Jul 20 04:17:09 CDT 2001

> > I tried that. I'm running now wine-20010629.
> > The Software lets me do a few installation-steps and the hangs forever.

> I know a little bit about the PostScript driver.

You helped a lot. Finally it prints !
(( *whistleatune* „happy happy, joy joy joy“ ))

>  My only thought is to
> install the application with the older version (if that works) and then
> upgrade Wine.

I'm affraid this is'nt quite as easy as it seems. The app works with
codeweavers-wine which is actually an rpm.
(I tried to make it as easy as possible for me.)
Now I have compiled wine from a scrach. Unfortunately I'm not the guru
I'd
like to be, so I just dont know how to mix those two things.
But thanks anyway for advice.

> If you have a dual-boot system, you could also try
> installing the application under Windows

...done...

> and either running it off the Windows partition

... won't work at first try...

> or copying the appropriate files and registry entries
> over.

...sounds like work for an lonely and dark winter evening..;-)

Thank you for your help so far.

Chris