Display problems with Freelance Graphics & Notes under Wine

gerard patel g.patel at wanadoo.fr.invalid
Fri Jul 20 14:21:15 CDT 2001

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:19:58 -0400, Scott Gaskins
<sgaskins at interserv.com> wrote:

>I have been trying to use Freelance Graphics under Wine for a long time
>(since Oct 2000 :), but I cannot seem to get the display stuff working
>correctly.  I always get text splattered over top of other text when
>trying to view existing .PRZ files.  This happens in both Freelance and
>in Lotus Notes (when Notes is trying to display a file attachment of the
>.prz persuasion).

Where can I get a file of the .prz persuasion ?

>A quick Google search turned up an old patch that may be relevant:
>http://www.winehq.com/hypermail/wine-patches/2000/10/0100.html
>
>Does anyone know if this has been applied to the current Wine RPMs?
>Because I am still seeing the problem with very recent drops of Wine
>(062901 and 070701).

FYI the Wine project has a ChangeLog :-)

2000-10-23:
        * objects/region.c, windows/painting.c, windows/scroll.c:
        Ulrich Weigand <weigand at immd1.informatik.uni-erlangen.de>
        Fixed painting problems in non-MM_TEXT modes.

So all you have to do is get wine from 2000-10-24 and say
us if it was working then. Don't worry, tons of things have
changed since that can have broken Ulrich's fix.

Gerard