Internet-Explorer on a wine-only installation

Oliver Poths oliver.poths at linsoft.de
Tue Jun 5 17:35:38 CDT 2001

Hello,

I tried to install a win32-programm on a wine-only-installation.
Its setup-program starts with installing MS Internet Explorer because it
would need it to show the Online-Help.
This didn`t work. A Short Moment after agreeing to the License (ARGH!)
the setup program tells me, that it couldn`t install all components. I
should restart my computer and try again. (wine emulates perfectly ...).
I tried this a few times, tried the cvs-version (last week), but didn`t
get better results.

Did anyone install that internet explorer on a wine-only installation ?
If so, how does it work?
Is there a way to let other programs think that the IE is already there,
to skip its installation?
I don`t need IE, but the program i need (called "Lexware buchhalter")
wants it and it doesn`t give me a choice to skip IE.

For any hint : Thank you in advance.