wine 2000909-1mdk

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Fri Jun 15 21:42:01 CDT 2001

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Jim Gamble wrote:

> I have Mandrake 7.1 installed, but have not been able to get wine 20000909-1mdk to work. I used rpm format to install.
> Can I get some help? I would really like to give Bill Gates no more money.
> Thanks Jim G.     zzyzx at prtcnet.com

Give us a break.  HOW does it not work?  Besides it is so old it is
vinegar by now.  We have fixed a lot of bugs since then, and added a lot
of functionality, and I doubt anybody is much interested in
Wine-20000909, unless maybe we have an historian of the project.

I don't see anything obviously stupid about the way the rpm set up,
except that it seems to have dependencies on its own dll's.  If you
can't get it to install, maybe --nodeps would help.

Tried reading "man wine", "man wine.conf" and

/usr/share/doc/wine-20000909/README

?

Really, you would do better to look around http://www.winehq.com for a
newer one.

Lawson

This message is brought to you by Wine release 20010510 as amended,
junopine-2.0.2, Juno 2.0.11, pine-4.10, and linux-2.4.5.
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.