Location of the config-file

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Jun 17 15:36:17 CDT 2001

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001, Mikkel Mastrup wrote:

> >try spelling config right?  It is ~/.wine/config, not ~/.wine/.config
>
> This doesn't work either. What would you do?
>
> Mikkel Mastrup

Right, I can't see that it does.  Unless I am also doing something
stupid.

Well, just to get on with, I might do a little script or find|xargs pipe
to make a symbolic link to /usr/local/etc/wine.conf in each user's
~/.wine that wants a real config, and a similar link in /etc/skel/.wine
for newly created users.

Then if I really cared about it, I might look at the code to try and
find out what happened to wine.conf, and hazard a guess whether I should
try to fix the code or the doco.  I guess we will have to do one or
other soon.

Lawson
---cut---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!