NEW Application Database

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Jun 21 19:25:22 CDT 2001

Jeremy Newman wrote:
> I'd like to officially announce that the Wine Application database is
> now ONLINE and ready for traffic. The new URL is:
>
> http://appdb.codeweavers.com/
>
> At this time, the DB is not nearly as full as we'd like it. Please
> submit applications for us to review and add to the DB. If you would
> like to help us maintain the DB, you can email us at
> appdb at codeweavers.com. We are looking for people to take authority for
> certain apps, by adding howto's and help. We also need screenshots. Send
> them to us as well.
>
> For general users, use the comment system to tell us how the application
> has worked for you.

I'd like to report that when I pointed out that colorblind users
couldn't see whether the stars were red or grey, they fixed
the problem right away by adding numbers.  Great responsiveness!

Minor nit 1: probably don't need 7 digits of precision there :-)

Minor nit 2: rather than using one IMG per star, use a
single IMG for the whole bar of stars; that makes the ALT tag
more meaningful and less clutter-y.

Minor nit 3: is it possible to keep people from entering both "QuickBooks"
and "Quick Books" as different applications?
- Dan