Problem writing to fat hd

Willy Gardiol gardiol at libero.it
Sun Jun 24 16:11:16 CDT 2001

Hi!
i just downloaded 20010510 sources, compiled and installed it on my RedHat
7.1 linux box.

I have several vfat (fat32) and linux (ext2) partitions on my pc ( i also
have a windows98 installation). I have configured the fat32 parrtition like:

[Drive E]
"Path" = "/deposito"
"Type" = "hd"
"Filesystem" = "vfat"

and the ext2 like:

[Drive J]
"Path" = "${HOME}"
"Type" = "network"
"Filesystem" = "win95"

The "/deposito" partiton is mounted like this:
/dev/hda5 on /deposito type vfat (rw,uid=500,gid=500,umask=0)
i am the user "500".

The problem: i cant write to any FAT32 partition, never, under any win32
programs. I can write to ext2 partiotion:
for example, in Wonrd97 or VirtuaDub or whatever program i can save files to:
J:\example.doc
but cant to:
E:\example.doc

it says "disk full or read only". The partition is NOT read only as you can
read (umask=0) and this problem happens even if i am ROOT!

I am using a standard wine conf file, i havent changed any dll loads order.

Can anyone help me?

--
Willy Gardiol
gardiol at libero.it