two apps questions

Marc Ulrich mdulrich at unity.ncsu.edu
Fri Jun 22 15:21:22 CDT 2001

I'm new to wine & can't get a direct answer from the faq at winehq.

1) Is there any reason why Coreldraw 9 for windows would not work in
linux with wine installed?

    1b) Corel distributes their own wine package. Is it important to use
this instead of what I might think of as the 'standard' wine package I
would get from winehq?

2) Has anyone tried Mathematica 4.1 for windows using wine? I saw in the
database that only version 2.2.4 was listed.

motivation for the questions: I'd like to be able to use licensed
software on both platforms without buying separate distributions because
I don't yet know which platform these programs will be most useful on in
the future. It seems to me that running win apps under linux is more
reliable than running linux apps in win.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Marc