DISPLAY problems

Nix N. Nix nix at go-nix.ca
Sun Jun 24 02:51:36 CDT 2001

I have found the problem (and it's not with wine):  The "Connection Refused" error
was happening during the process of the
LoadLibrary-ing of x11drv.  The reason this was happening is that x11drv was loading
OpenGL (libGL.so, etc.).  Since I have a NVidia
on tux, I was running NVIDIA GLX.  The bug was with that.  The hardcoded opening of
:0.0 (despite $DISPLAY set otherwise) was
happening somewhere in the deep, dark recesses of libGL.so.  I upgraded GLX (and
NVdriver) to 1.0-1251 and all was well.  Wow ! What an experience ! I traced the
execution of wine from the initial main() to the BUILTIN32_LoadLibraryExA and all
the way to the dlopen () of libx11drv.so ... wine is a very nice piece of work,
Ladies and Gentlemen !

Thanks for all the help,

Gabriel