cvs010626 flickering borders before main window drawn

Eike Lantzsch eikelan at gmx.net
Thu Jun 28 10:05:06 CDT 2001

This problem is new since _after_ wine010510.tar.gz and keeps
showing up in cvs010626.
Again the same VB3 application.
The splash screen appears and the main window (which consists
only of a bunch of buttons) is started to be prepared.
In a flickering way many frames or borders appear (empty)
and when finally the splash screen disappears the main window gets
drawn correctly. Then the problem does not appear again during
the same session.
Normally the main window is supposed to appear after the
splash screen is already destroyed. And so it was until
wine010510.tar.gz. I guess that this is still work in progress.
I'm not too much bothered but if the screenshots and the
wine log helps you to improve code then you might want to look
at it.

Screenshots here:
http://www.geocities.com/cgelantzsch/screenshot.html

the wine log with +relay,+win can be found here:
http://www.geocities.com/cgelantzsch/debuglog.html

Please feel free to tell me if you rather prefer to have me
posting excerpts of the log to this newsgroup.

Regards, Ike
--
        . .                     Eike Lantzsch
       <___>                    CdC 1489 ASUNCION PY