line spacing problem

Eike Lantzsch eikelan at gmx.net
Thu Jun 28 19:53:20 CDT 2001

Duane Clark wrote:
>  Eike Lantzsch wrote:
> >
> > Duane Clark wrote:
> > >  Eike Lantzsch wrote:
> > > >
> > [...]
[...]
> > >  I have no idea whether there could be any possible relation. But I have
> > >  seen this same effect in the Netscape and Mozilla compose windows, if my
> > >  100dpi fonts were listed first in the xfs configuration, but the X
> > >  server was set for 75 dpi. This regardless of whether the compose window
> > >  was using a 100dpi font or a TT font. When I changed the X server to
> > >  tell it to use 100 dpi (or listed the 75 dpi font first in xfs), the
> > >  problem went away.
> > >
> > >  Duane

[...]
>  The X server resolution that I am referring to is the screen resolution,
>  as reported by xdpyinfo:
>  screen #0:
>    dimensions:    1600x1200 pixels (406x305 millimeters)
>    resolution:    100x100 dots per inch
[...]
>  Duane

I finally managed to set the Xserver to 100x100 dpi and can now
positively say: No, this is not related. The same weird font
behaviour with 100dpi.
I go one step further and say that I'm sure that it is not a
configuration problem, neither X nor Wine config.

Thank you so much for taking the pain to help me with X config
which way I learned so much more about X, KDE and SuSE, xdm,
xinit, xstart, .xserverrc, .xinitrc, spaghetti-links...
Pity that there is no "man kdm".

Regards, Ike
--
        . .                     Eike Lantzsch
       <___>                    CdC 1489 ASUNCION PY