Wine Starcraft slowness

Gavriel State gav at transgaming.com
Fri Mar 2 18:05:12 CST 2001

Update to a newer version of Wine, before you try using DGA.  More recent
Wine vintages include TransGaming's updated DirectDraw code, which uses
several techniques that vastly improve performance for 2D games,
without resorting to DGA.

DGA is faster still, but you basically have to be running as Root.

 -Gav

--
Gavriel State, CEO
TransGaming Technologies Inc.