Linux newbie Wine setup?

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Mar 4 16:17:15 CST 2001

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Nastynas wrote:

> When i go to console and type mount /cdrom and cd /cdrom and type wine
> setup.exe
> i get this message:
>
> ??????@linux:/cdrom > wine setup.exe
> Could not stat /mnt/fd0, ignoring drive A:Could not stat /c, ignoring drive
> C:Invalid path 'c:\windows' for windows directory Perhaps you have not
> properly edited or created your Wine configuration file. This is either
> /etc/wine.conf or $HOME/.winerc  or it is determined by the -config option
> or from  the WINE_INI environment variable.Wine has used
> /home/nastynas/.winerc as configuration file
>
> this is what my how suse 7.0 manual tells me to configure it and my
> wine.conf file is in  /home/??????/wine.conf:

At any given time, man wine and man wine.conf _might_ be obsolete, and
any other doco might not be, but probably is.  Come to think of it, that
version of wine is obsolete, too.  The error messages are much clearer
now, and lots more bugs have been fixed than have been freshly
committed.  And the config file has moved yet again.  :-)

If that version said it used ~/.winerc, (AKA $HOME/.winerc), it probably
did, so you might try fixing that.

Lawson

| We apologize if this message has reached you in error.
| Save the Planet, Save the Trees! Advertise via E mail.
---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.