Another Half Life error

Rick Knight rick at rlknight.com
Sun Mar 4 17:02:03 CST 2001

Thanks to help form this group, I finally have Half Life installed,
running and using my nVidia Gforce2 GTS with OpenGL. Wow. Now I still
have one error. When I start Half-Life I get this message...

"Could not open MCI file for playback: 266: There is an undetectable
problem in loading the specified device driver"

This error repeats twice and I select OK each time and then the game
plays fine. I do have an [mci] section in system.ini and there is an
entry for cdaudio (and others) and the game sounds are OK but no CD
audio. Is this fixable?

Thanks,
Rick (rick at rlknight.com)