i have a question

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Mon Mar 5 09:46:13 CST 2001

On Sun, 4 Mar 2001, Joe wrote:

> hello. i have been reading the wine pdfs and so when it saves files, does it
> save them like a windows operating system, or as linux style files. i mean
> why do we want to have them running like windows FAT whatver it was, i like
> the way lkinux does it, is more like a mac, smoother.
> so could you tell me which way it installs them and saves them ,
> pleeeeeaaaase :)
> i am thunking about chucking windows if i can get my favourite apps working
> though.

Wine is a *nix program.  [v]fat is a supported *nix filesystem type, as
are ext2, minix, reiserfs, iso9660,..  What kind of files wine will save
is up to the Wine administartor.  You can have a whole Linux system on a
vfat filesystem if you like, or you can run Wine without any [v]fat
files at all.  I do.

Lawson
---

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!