TSR supported?

Ove Kaaven ovehk at ping.uio.no
Mon Mar 5 10:31:30 CST 2001

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001 lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Ove Kaaven wrote:
>
> > But there's nothing stopping anyone from *implementing* those TSR entry
> > points in Wine... if he implements them, then he can run those apps.
> >
> True.  I doubt there is much to the TSR interrupt itself, more likely
> no one has bothered with it, but I wonder how much joy a TSR would get
> trying to set up its own TCP stack inside a VM86, if that is really what
> it is trying to do?

I'm not talking about running the TSR. I'm talking about implementing the
TCP/IP services that the TSR provides inside of Wine itself (so the user
doesn't need to run the TSR). Actually running the TSR would probably not
work because it would be hard to run a networking stack in userspace under
an OS that does its own secure networking...