WINE and IO permissions

Robert Tilley tilleyrw at cfl.rr.com
Mon Mar 5 14:40:27 CST 2001

In my latest attempt to use Wine to run Forte Agent, these were my
observations.

tilleyrw at debian:~/vmware-distrib$ wine '/mnt/C/Program
Files/Agent/agent.exe'
/usr/bin/wine: [: too many arguments
Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin /mnt/C/Program Files/Agent/agent.exe ...
tilleyrw at debian:~/vmware-distrib$ wine '/mnt/C/Program\
Files/Agent/agent.exe'
/usr/bin/wine: [: too many arguments
Invoking /usr/bin/wine.bin /mnt/C/Program\ Files/Agent/agent.exe ...
Wine failed with return code 2
/usr/bin/wine: line 538:  6267 Terminated              tail -f $log_name
err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.
err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.
err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.
err:psdrv:PSDRV_AFMGetCharMetrics No whitespace found.
Rerunning /usr/bin/wine -debugmsg warn+all /mnt/C/Program\
Files/Agent/agent.exeInvoking /usr/bin/wine.bin -debugmsg warn+all
/mnt/C/Program\ Files/Agent/agent.exe ...
warn:dosfs:DRIVE_Init Drive R: not defined
warn:dosfs:DRIVE_Init Drive S: not defined
warn:dosfs:DRIVE_Init Drive T: not defined
warn:dosfs:DRIVE_Init Drive U: not defined
warn:dosfs:DRIVE_Init Drive V: not defined
warn:dosfs:DRIVE_Init Drive W: not defined
warn:dosfs:DOSFS_FindUnixName 'Profiles\Default User' not found in
'/mnt/C/winnt'
warn:dosfs:DOSFS_FindUnixName 'Program\.exe' not found in '/mnt/C'
warn:dosfs:DOSFS_FindUnixName 'Program\' not found in '/mnt/C'
/usr/bin/wine.bin: cannot find '/mnt/C/Program\'
Wine failed with return code 2

An internal Wine error was that write permissions did not exist in
/mnt/C/Program Files/Agent/DATA' which is the directory where Agent stores
program information.

Any ideas here?  I have heard many people claim to have used Agent with
Wine on this newsgroup.

TIA!
--
Robert Tilley <tilleyrw at cfl.rr.com>