Another Half Life error

Rick Knight rick at rlknight.com
Mon Mar 5 01:29:03 CST 2001

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Original Message <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 3/5/01, 5:09:08 AM, Markus Holzapfel <benu at madrid.uni-paderborn.de>
wrote regarding Re: Another Half Life error:

> Rick Knight <rick at rlknight.com> wrote:
> > Thanks to help form this group, I finally have Half Life installed,
> > running and using my nVidia Gforce2 GTS with OpenGL. Wow. Now I still
> > have one error. When I start Half-Life I get this message...

> I still haven't been able to get HL running except in sw mode :-(
> If you could be so kind as to post what i must do step by step.
> I have a nvidia card too. I downloaded the 20010112 source

Marcus, The key to getting it working was getting the Update from Sierra.
The file you need is hl1104.exe and you can find it at www.sierra.com,
look in support. The update is an win32 executable so run it with wine.
Also, I'm not using the Trangaming stuff, just the latest CVS.

Good Luck,
Rick (rick at rlknight.com)