WINE and IO permissions

Rein Klazes rklazes at casema.net
Tue Mar 6 06:05:57 CST 2001

On Mon, 05 Mar 2001 20:40:27 GMT, in comp.emulators.ms-windows.wine
Robert Tilley <tilleyrw at cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> In my latest attempt to use Wine to run Forte Agent, these were my
> observations.
>
> tilleyrw at debian:~/vmware-distrib$ wine '/mnt/C/Program
> Files/Agent/agent.exe'
> /usr/bin/wine: [: too many arguments

One error in the winelauncher script, that is corrected in
wine-20010305.

For you it is probably better to invoke Agent as follows:

cd '/mnt/C/Program Files/Agent'
wine agent.exe

That is, if you are using Agent's default locations for agent.exe,
agent.ini and datafiles.

[snip]

> An internal Wine error was that write permissions did not exist in
> /mnt/C/Program Files/Agent/DATA' which is the directory where Agent stores
> program information.

Use the proper options (uid, gid and umask) for mounting your windows
partition in /etc/fstab. An example is found in the wine-howto:

http://www.la-sorciere.de/Wine-HOWTO/ch-security.html

> Any ideas here?  I have heard many people claim to have used Agent with
> Wine on this newsgroup.

Yes.

Rein.
--