Compilation problem

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Mar 6 10:58:02 CST 2001

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 uvo at bigfoot.de wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to compile und install wine from the current cvs snapshot.
>
> Compilation was fine, but tools/wineinstall stopped with this error
> message:
>
> ------------
> [...]
> Compiling regapi...
> rm -f regapi && ln -s ../../wine regapi
>
> Preparing to install default Wine registry entries...
> Installing default Wine registry entries...
>
> wineserver: request.c:235: write_request: Zusicherung »thread->pass_fd
> ==
> -1« nicht erfüllt.
> ------------
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Platform ist Mandrake 7.2. My last try at wine was the codeveawers
> preview, but I have deinstalled this.
>
> TIA
>
> Ulrich.

Good day!

I just compiled and installed Wine-20010305 - which ought to be about
the current CVS - I haven't seen anything since in wine-cvs - and ran
regapi with no trouble, so I think you have something left from the old
preview getting in the way, possibly a running wineserver.  I had some
cases of wineservers running on recently (I have been following CVS by
wine-cvs and www4mail with a lag of about a day) but none with the
current release.  Maybe a "killall wineserver" will help.

Lawson

| We apologize if this message has reached you in error.
| Save the Planet, Save the Trees! Advertise via E mail.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.