Starcraft crashes

Daniel Foesch krach42 at aol.com
Wed Mar 7 00:29:59 CST 2001

>I have used Starcraft under wine for a long time, and
>I have just learned to put up with random crashes.
>The only version of wine I have gotten to work is
>ancient (991212)!  I have tried more recent versions,
>but I haven't been able to get them running at all.
>
>Is there a wine that doesn't crash randomly running
>starcraft?  What wine do you use for starcraft?
>
>(BTW, there seems to be a real lack of recent
>starcraft under linux info.  All the howtos are
>ancient!  Is there a current source of info that i
>have missed?)

I believe that most of the Starcraft stuff is ancient because Starcraft has
been running fairly reliably with recent versions.  I'm having some
difficulties with Starcraft, but they have probably more to do with my graphic
card drivers than WINE (stupid nVidia) The reason that this makes me think so
is because the 0.9-6 drivers have broken my DGA for Starcraft (if ever a reason
not to get a driver) my only question is "what are they testing this stuff on?"
 Anyways, Starcraft should work just about perfectly on 20001012... that's when
I got my first recent WINE, and I had pretty much 0 problems with installation
or with gameplay.

If you're still having some troube with Starcraft and WINE, gimme an e-mail,
and I might be able to help you out more helpfully.

Daniel Foesch