Excel on Wine

Louis Kouvaris louis at rcarson.gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed Mar 7 09:27:36 CST 2001

I have been playing with Wine for the past year and admiring its
progress.
I am most interested in running Excel on it. For a while, I had about
80% functionality out of it but lately it (Excel 5) has been crashing
before it is fully loaded. First it puts up a dialog window saying it
can't use shared objects and then another window saying it can't use VBA
and then crashes. Thus now functionality now. It seems taht something
broke that once worked. Any comments? Wine (2001 March) itself doesn't
seem to be doing the crashing.