CalamusSL 2000 DTP program

g.patel at wanadoo.fr g.patel at wanadoo.fr
Thu Mar 8 03:00:15 CST 2001

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001 23:24:38 +0100, Uwe Koloska
<uwe.koloska at mailbox.tu-dresden.de> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I tried to install CalamusSL 2000 under wine 20010305 and the installation
>itself was successfull.  But when I start the program the main window is
>very small (120x27) and can't be changed.  So the GUI is not visible ...
>
>What can I do to help the maker of the program to find the problem?

Give more info. Why can't the main window size be changed ? I can see
2 reasons :

- the window could be created as a managed window with no
possibility for the window to be resized. This is a nasty problem
(difficult to fix) because  there are fundamental differences between
Windows and X  Window. Running with -desktop 800x600 would
get rid of the problem for now.

- there are mechanisms for win apps to restrict the size of their
windows (responding to the WM_WINDOWPOSCHANGING message,
using WM_GETMINMAXINFO). Possibly the Wine implementation
is not 100% correct. Is the app using one of these ?

Maybe you could do a log of the app with +debugmsg +win,+relay and
post the reference to a web page with this log; I could take a look at
it and maybe help the developer (if he wants to mail me my current
address is gerard.Patel at asi.fr)

>And there is another problem with temporary fonts.  The program needs some
>fonts that will be installed temporary (BTW why is the font chapter not
>included in the user documentation???).  I managed to install the fonts.
>There are two bitmap fonts with three sizes and one of the sizes is
>recognized as installed but the others aren't.
>
>Installed is:
>-windows-stemulator font normal-medium-r-normal--6-60-
>-windows-stemulator font normal-medium-r-normal--8-80-
>-windows-stemulator font normal-medium-r-normal--16-160-
>
>-windows-stemulator font fett-medium-r-normal--6-60-
>-windows-stemulator font fett-medium-r-normal--8-80-
>-windows-stemulator font fett-medium-r-normal--16-160-
>
>the name is correct (confirmed by the programmer) but only the size 8 is
>recognized -- 6 and 16 aren't ...

Strange. I don't know much about fonts. They are not appearing
in the standard font dialog ? There is the possibility to run with
-debugmsg +font, that will give you a ton of info about what Wine
is doing with the fonts.

Gerard