Illustrator 7.0 worked . . . once?

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at news.sloboda.baikal.ru
Thu Mar 8 06:03:31 CST 2001

"LPankonin" <lpankonin at home.com> wrote:

> The first time I tried to run Adobe Illustrator 7 under wine it worked fine
> (other than it wouldn't open or save any files). Now, it gives me an error
> message: "Unable to find AIRes.dll. Please reinstall application." The file
> AIRes.dll is right where it's supposed to be. Any ideas?

Illustrator wouldn't find their AIRes.dll if you don't start from its home
directory. Right now I'm playing with AI 9.0 and it shows the same behaviour.

I do:
cd '~/Adobe/Illustrator 9.0'
wine ./Illustrator.exe

It works fairly well for me. Although I'm not a designer. I just do open
sample files and watch the result :-)