Successful compile of Wine

cfk at pacbell.net cfk at pacbell.net
Sun Mar 11 16:59:58 CST 2001

Let me try to amplify my question a bit. First, I am running Wine on a
computer with no windows installed. Just Rh6. I can ftp windows programs
from one of the other machines on my network. I am trying to build up my
understanding from the simplest windows executables so I can work on
figuring out how things are going awry. The computer I'm using is just
running VGA, no fancy SVGA or any trick video stuff. First, I have copied a
few programs from a w2k machine onto this computers /c/windows and I have a
/c/windows/system in it. I can run notepad.exe, calc.exe and welcome.exe.
When I try to run sol.exe or freecell.exe, wine can't find cards.dll even
though cards.dll is in the same directory (the one I am executing from),
which is /c/windows. I tried WINEDLLPATH=/c/windows, and I tried putting
cards.dll into /c/windows/system and changing the WINDELLPATH. So, the
question of the afternoon is "why can't wine seem to find a dll that is in
the same directory as the executable?"

news:3aabe421.1280934 at news.freesbee.fr...