Successful compile of Wine

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Sun Mar 11 22:59:41 CST 2001

On Sun, 11 Mar 2001 cfk at pacbell.net wrote:

> Well, I did use binary and I also ftp'ed it back to windows and borlands
> tdump delcares it a PE with the appropriate header information.

I guess I can't argue with that.

> > >     passed master doesn't match slave name
> > >
> > That looks more like winedbg.  That last message is worrisome.  Are you
> > sure you haven't an old wineserver from a previous attempt lying around
> > getting in the way?
>
> This was the first installation of Wine on this computer and it went without
> errors.

I am not sure what that is about.  I have never seen it in 4 years
working with wine, so it worries me that I don't know what it is.  I
guess I will have to try and find out.

> Well, I tried bringing in a copy of MSVCRT.dll also, and wine did not find
> it in the default directory that 'wine xxx' was being executed from. That
> puzzles me more then anything else. Its Sunday night, enough fun and games,
> time to get ready for work tomorrow.

msvcrt normally is in windows/system or so, but it should get found if
it is in the same directory as the target executable.
Whether wine finds it is as much about whether it even looks.
What is in the config file for [DefaultLoadOrder] and [DllOverrides]?

I have this:

[DllDefaults]
"EXTRA_LD_LIBRARY_PATH" = "${HOME}/wine/cvs/lib"
"DefaultLoadOrder" = "builtin, so, native"

[DllOverrides]
"commdlg"      = "builtin, native"
"wnaspi32"     = "builtin"
"icmp"         = "builtin"
"rpcrt4"       = "builtin"
"msvcrt"       = "native"
"riched32"     = "native"
"crtdll"       = "native"

... stands for every other dll being forced to "builtin", bt for now I
need 3 natives.

Lawson

Everything comes from somewhere.  Everything has to go somewhere.
There ain't no such thing as a free IRQ.
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.