Trouble with WINE

Carlos Laviola claviola at ajato.com.br
Mon Mar 12 19:25:13 CST 2001

Hello folks,

I have the most recent version of WINE (20010305), and have been trying to run
it with no luck until now. I have tried some very simple programs like notepad
and solitaire, and both don't seem to work: all I get is a sh*itload (a REAL
sh*itload) of font-related fixme's. Meanwhile, the system's load average
increases, reaching a point where even the X server goes down (possibly out of
memory or something). Is there a way I can either remove all those fonts
automatically, or log the entire thing so that someone experienced can take a
look, please notify me. Notice that I configured wine through "winesetup" (a
GUI tool, you probably know it), which correctly identified all sorts of things
like my windows system root dir, mapped the devices according to fstab, etc,
but still, even though the configuration seems perfect, I keep hitting on this
problem. Any ideas? Should I run winedbg, wine --debugmsg, ...?

Thanks,
--
Carlos Laviola - ICQ 55799523
pub  1024D/3516D372 2000-06-05 Carlos Laviola <claviola at ajato.com.br>