wine + halflife recommendations...????

alex alex at bozoka.com
Tue Mar 13 02:55:47 CST 2001

Benjamin FRANCOIS wrote:

> Markus Holzapfel a tapoté:
>>I run HL with 20010127 (20010112 with winehq patch from
>>www.transgaming.com) and the d3d patch from transgaming. How do you start
>>HL? Try for example: cs hl-dir; wine -desktop 1024x768 -- hl.exe -console
>>-toconsole -gl -w 1024 Or add +connect ip:port to that line, e.g. +connect
>>213.168.202.69:27025
>
> Is the transgaming patch absolutely needed ? I keep getting a
> "Unhandled page fault on read access to (hex address) at (hex address)
>  Do you wish to debug it ? (Y/N)" every time I try to run Half-Life.
>
> I did compile OpenGL support into Wine 20010305, I've already done it with
> older versions, but every time I'm getting this error message :-(
>
> I'm using nVidia's 0.9.6 drivers with X-Free 4.0.2 and a 2.4.2 kernel.

I beleive Ive gotten this error too...I cant really understand
why I cant startup Half-Life. At first I thought it was me using a pirated
version so I got the retail version of generations but still I cant get
it to boot....why why why...I recently got mandrake 8.0 beta and Im gonna
get the latest codeweaver version and try half-life with that...
But I really wished there was a true safe way of getting half-life to run...

Please tell me there is!!!!!!!!!

kind regards
alex...wishing for counterstrike on linux...:)