Winelib problems

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Tue Mar 13 11:23:19 CST 2001

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Ignasi Villagrasa wrote:

> I'm trying to migrate some console WNT pograms to Linux. I haven't used
> Wine tools to generate makefiles. I preferred to generate them manually.
> I can compile the programs without problems, but I'm not able to link
> Win32 functions.
>
> Some days ago I sent a message asking for help to link functions such as
> WriteConsoleOutputA.
> Someone answered that I must import kernel32.dll in my .spec file.
>
> Then, Where can I find this .spec file ?

Code it yourself, if you don't want to use winemaker to generate it for
you.  The format is described in <wine>/tools/winebuild/README, I think.

> Is it always necessary the use of Wine tools to generate it ?

Winemaker knows more about coding Makefiles than I do, so _I_ find it
easier to use winemaker first, and hand-hack the .spec file, because I
know better than it what my app needs to import.  If you get
to understand wine's new import mechanism, maybe you can code the
Makefile yourself, but you will probably need to use winebuild to help
generate the link code/link the dll's.

> Thanks in advance, Ignasi Villagrasa.

Lawson
---cut here