Wine'ing Windows Terminal Server Client

Matthew Mintel ninetyninewaystodie at lycos.com
Tue Mar 13 15:51:27 CST 2001

Andreas Mohr wrote:

> Salvatore Innanone <ninetyninewaystodie at lycos.com> wrote:
>
>> I've tried multiple ways to get into terminal server via WINE, but have had no success. I've got Notes, Service Center, Internet Explorer... pretty much all running smoothly... but when I try to use Internet explorer to get into it, I get a box that is outlined where the desktop is supposed to be (on the IE screen, and an object load error in the IE Log)...
>>    I then tried to run mstsc.exe directly, with and without wine options / dll loads... the following is an output of what I get no matter what... if anyone could help, this would be a HUGE help, I would literally not have to boot into windows for work, I can use the terminal server to configure our firewalls (This is all b/c I tried to wine Checkpoint's Firewall Administration Gui, and it failed)...
>

> www.rdesktop.org
> (seems to be pretty much down right now, though, no idea why)
>
>> Can't open MIDI device '/dev/sequencer' ! (No such device). If your program needs this (probably not): load MIDI sequencer kernel driver !
>

> Rather old release...
>
> Andreas Mohr

I installed the 20010304 (?) release, no problems there... in fact, now
things are working a little smoother, but still troubles trying to get
it running. Before it would print up a page, but it would be screwy,
like where the gui's login was supposed to be was a purple glob with
things garbled, now it's not reporting many errors, just not connecting
to the server, it takes awhile and then just errors out with "Session
Terminated by Terminal Server" with no legit reason... here's the log
this time:

# wine /mnt/c/Program\ Files/Terminal\ Services\ Client/mstsc.exe
--winver win98 -dll shfolder,shell,shell32,commctrl,comctl32=n
Warning: could not find wine config [Drive x] entry for current working
directory /usr/local/bin; starting in windows directory.
fixme:winsock:WSACancelAsyncRequest (00000000),stub
fixme:winsock:WSACancelAsyncRequest (00000000),stub
fixme:winsock:WSACancelAsyncRequest (00000000),stub
fixme:pthread_kill_other_threads_np
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_rdlock
FIXME:pthread_rwlock_unlock
fixme:win:WIN_FindWindow Returning 0 without checking other processes
fixme:win:WinHelpA did not find MS_WINHELP (FindWindow() failed, maybe
global window handling still unimplemented)
fixme:clipboard:ChangeClipboardChain (0x1160, 0x0000): stub?
fixme:win:WIN_FindWindow Returning 0 without checking other processes