How to conver the windows registry to wine registries?

John Nelson john at computation.com
Wed Mar 14 14:19:48 CST 2001

All,

This is a more difficult problem than it appears.  I would like to convert
the Windows registry that already exists on my machine over to Wine's
registry, but I don't see how that is going to be done since Wine will
look at its own registry and NOT the reg files on my Windows partition.

Do I need to drag the Windows reg files (and what are their names?) to
the WIne partition on my disk?  Or run a converter program?  I suspect
that my many woes with Wine are due to Wine not knowing the locations
of programs, resources and DLLs because these programs were not
installed on the disk using Wine but rather Windows.

-- John

web:	http://www.computation.com/ email:	john at computation.com