Text area contents not shown in application

Martin Schweikert martin.schweikert at roche.com
Thu Mar 15 02:33:39 CST 2001

g.patel at wanadoo.fr wrote:

> If your app can be downloaded from the net, post the Url
> and I'll try to take a look.

Sure: http://streams.omroep.nl/eo/olb/windows/german/812ger32.exe

You will not be forced to dig deep into the application.
The problem arises in the course of the installation - you will be
presented two or three dialogs - there are check boxes and buttons, but
the text field will be empty. At least, that's what happened to me on
two different machines with different X drivers (same Linux
distribution, though).

> A last possibility is of course to use a commercial product like
> Vmware or Win4Lin.

Yes, that surely will work. But I would prefer the Wine solution.

Thank you for your help,
Martin