Checkpoint Firewall 4.1 Admin Gui

September Donovan september_donovan at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 15 04:20:48 CST 2001

I am all for trying and succeeding in running the FW 4.1 Gui under wine,
however I must warn of one thing.
I do believe this is true for all applications, but a special emphasis
should be put when dealing with sensitive security application such as CPFW.
A problem might rise, when application will run under wine, that there might
be hidden bugs between what you see on the screen, and what is actually
being sent to the Management machine. (the firewall). Like, assuming you
mark a checkbox in the Gui, install the policy and hope for a more secure
system, it is somewhat possible that the gui didn't send the marked
checkbox, and didn't notify on any error.
Just a thought.

September.