diablo II

Daniel Foesch krach42 at aol.com
Thu Mar 15 14:32:35 CST 2001

>i still don´t know how i would do this with one cd-drive.  i just figured
>(call me genius ;-) that i can use my second drive and just mount this one as
>/cdrom.
>
>blame me a new newbie, hehe
>
>--
>Sent through GMX FreeMail - http://www.gmx.net

*Laugh* that ain't too close to newbie... finding work arounds is what it's all
about with wine! :)

Here's been my ideas of the matter.  Unfortunately, we all know WINE won't
release the files so that we can eject the CD, so thus there are more or less
two options: Supermount (which has been updated for the 2.4.x kernels, and
comes with Mandrake default... but it's a little slow waiting for a patch to
the most recent kernel, and I personally hate having to patch up my kernel by
hand after the kernel update patch fails on some, basicly more hacking than I
think it's worth)  Or, have a Samba drive mounted to your cdrom directory.

The later option is very good, but it requires two computers :(  But... the
funny thing is, that it can require two computers, one being VMWared. (yes...
"disconnect" "unmount" "mount" "reconnect" is the entire cycle, but if you just
have ONE computer...)  Of course any network connection will work so long as
the host machine will allow you to replace the media. (for instance, NFS with a
Supermount)

Again, all of these are no more or less elegant than your solution. (Ok, so the
supermount is, but it's still more hacking) So don't think your idea isn't good
:)

Daniel "Krach" Foesch