VXDs under linux?

Uwe Bonnes bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Mar 15 14:57:36 CST 2001

Chris <antispam at stargate.net> wrote:

: It doesn't seem to answer the question... what I was asking about is a
: program that would let you use windows drivers under linux, so that
: linux programs/the kernel could use currently unsupported hardware.  I
: would like to know where to get it if it exists, or why it couldn't be
: written.

The old threads have the answer too. But in short my understanding:

VXDs rely on a lot of infrastructure. To implement that infrastructure
will probably involve a lot of work, perhaps in the order of the linux
1.0 kernel...

Bye
Uwe Bonnes                bon at elektron.ikp.physik.tu-darmstadt.de