IE5, Outlook98 and Wine

Ed ed2357 at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 15 18:54:55 CST 2001

I also get similar errors attempting to load Outlook 97 using wine20010314
on RH7 (no windows partition).  I have tried installing from the CDROM and
the HD with no luck.  I found in http://www.winecentric.com/excel97.shtml a
statement that Wine does not yet work with the Office97 installer.  However,
this is being worked on.  If you have a windows partition, you can run
Outlook from this through Wine.  This method is unstable. Ed

<g.patel at wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
news:3aaf9658.2376681 at news.freesbee.fr...
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:57:37 -0500, "Vestal, Roy L." <rvestal at rti.org>
> wrote:
>
> >I have a need to install IE5 and Outlook98 on RedHat Linux 6.2.  I'm
using
> >Wine release 20010112.  I've looked around and tried
wine --winver=95 --dll