unexpected async reply (sequence 0x20fb)!

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at news.sloboda.baikal.ru
Thu Mar 15 19:54:29 CST 2001

"Sergey V. Udaltsov" <sergey.oudaltsov at clients.ie> wrote:

> > Reducing number of fonts solves that problem.
> I removed any un-necessary fonts. Now I cannot make it less than 1588 :)
> (on output of xlsfonts | wc). Wine still cannot start apps. What is your
> "number of success"?

I can't say for sure. Why do you try to figure out it yourself? Just
remove directories from fontpath one by one and run your application.

If even with reasonably small number of available fonts (say 50) your
application still will don't work, then complain to newsgroup again.

I just removed all my 242 Type1 fonts from X. I don't find it useful
to have any limitation in using fonts. So, I dropped an idea to make
fully functional PageMaker workstation under Linux with X. Although
Adobe PageMaker 6.5 Russian Edition works very well for me under Wine.