Printing problems with wine

Norman-Hendrik Riedel nriedel at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Mar 16 03:08:33 CST 2001

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, Lee Allen wrote:

> I looks like everything is set up correctly.  It seems to indicate it
> doesn't like your afm files.  What version of Wine are you running?
> Can you confirm your afm files are correct?

I use wine
Version: 1:0.20010223.034024 from
http://gluck.debian.org/~andreas/debian/dists/wine/main/binary-i386
I got my afmfiles from adobe via ftp. Maybe I got the wrong
files? I didn´t find anything about the question, which files I need. The
documentation of wine also seems to be not very up to date. I used the afm
files suggested in the documentation. Anyway, I got the fontnames.pdf from
Adobe and will try to find the right files by searching in the ppd file of
my printer (looks like a torture :(( ) and set it up. Hopefully that
works.

> Now this is not relevant, just curiosity: What application are you
> running?

Mainly I´m interested in IsisDraw 2.3 . It´s a program for drawing
chemical structures. Unfortunately there is no useful software for Linux
in that field as far as I know.

Thanks anyway

Hendrik