wine-20010305 MS Excel97 *.xls -> .xls.xls

Pete Philips look at my.sig
Fri Mar 16 10:03:09 CST 2001

Dick Repasky wrote:

> If I open up a worksheet in MS Excel 97, the file name is modified
> by appending an extra .xls to the name. Multiple .xls's are possible,
> and it is not necessary to save the worksheet.

I too get this effect but also with Word 97 and PowerPoint 97.
I'm running CodeWeavers 1.0p3 under Redhat 7.0.

Is there a fix or a workaround for this?

Thanks,

Pete.

|   Pete Philips                                           \|/  |
|   E-mail:  pete.philips at integralis.co.uk                  O   |
|   Phone:   +44 118 930 6060                                   |
|   PGP Key: http://www.s3.integralis.co.uk/pgp/pete.gpg        |