wine.conf newbie problem

g.patel at wanadoo.fr g.patel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Mar 17 12:28:58 CST 2001

On Sun, 18 Mar 2001 09:08:37 -0800, Benton <gallun at rio.exile.org>
wrote:

>I appear to have 'installed' wine correctly and get appropriate output
>from 'wine -version'
>
>However, when I try to run solitaire, the following happens.
>
>[root at pato gallun]#   wine -winver win31 -desktop 640*480
>/win98/windows/sol.exe
>Warning: could not find wine config [Drive x] entry for current working
>directory /home/gallun; starting in windows directory.
>Warning: /win98/windows/sol.exe not accessible from a DOS drive
>Warning: /win98/windows/sol.exe not accessible from a DOS drive
>wine: cannot find '/win98/windows/sol.exe'
>[root at pato gallun]#

Well, this is a mega FAQ.
Edit your config file to create an entry for a C: drive; it should be
something like

[Drive C]
"Path" = "/win98"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "MS-DOS"
"Filesystem" = "win95"   `

and then define one for your home directory

[Drive F]
"Path" = "/home/gallun"
"Type" = "hd"
"Label" = "MS-DOS"
"Filesystem" = "win95"   `

!

>As unpopular as it is, i have searched for an IMAP client on Linux that
>provides functionality that I like better and am unable.... Lots of good
>looking POP clients promising to add IMAP support, but....  Is anyone
>running Outlook on WINE? Are there any special tricks to this that I
>should know JIC I get my 'drive' problem taken care of?

Eudora is IMAP compatible. The bet to make it work without problems
is a lot better than with Outlook.

Gerard