VXDs under linux?

Zac zeljko23 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 18 06:29:31 CST 2001

In article <20010318034500.07549.00001606 at ng-fk1.aol.com>,
krach42 at aol.com says...
> >> Hmm, I dont have that problem... X runs fine with NVdriver.  My
> >> problem there is that any OpenGL = a dead X.
> >
> >seems that you have problems with MESA.Try to uninstall mesa libraries
> >and then install NVidia_GLX libraries.
>
> (still knows this is off-topic... but)
>
> What XFree are you running? My current CVS version runs fine also, except when
> I start an OpenGL session it dies.  This kills me because I have problems with
> my 4.0.1, which were fixed with 4.0.2 (mainly nice fonts... *drool*)  So, now I
> have to go and download 4.0.2 source files instead of the CVS, which makes me
> mad.

I'm running 4.02 myself compiled,and I think that X is ok.Because when I
run X with nv (xfree) driver everything is ok.
Now I'm running nvidiad drivers , KDE 2.1 with
Nvagp='0' and with antialiasing=off (in KDE) and no
strange crashes....in fact no crashes.
So the point could be as I say in my last postings
crappy nvidia drivers..they fuck up something with
AGP & RENDER.Maybe some cards work OK but mine ASUS TNT with
16MB SGRAM won't (yes I put a statement in nvidia_kernel source that
I have SGRAM not SDRAM).And....could be a problem with kernel
drivers...maybe because I'm using 2.4.2.

> Actually, the problem I'm having is that occationally, when I start an X-server
> I get a short pause where X is started, but my gnome isn't starting up, after
> awhile sometimes it will work.  I once got the message "panel is already
> running" (from a clean restart)  So I'm not sure what's up, but it might have
> something to do with me turning my system off everyday... one of the bad
> side-effects of having a computer at a friends house

I get pauses too until I recompiled KDE with -O9 and nodebug options.