Printing problems with wine

Lee Allen lee at leadtec.com
Mon Mar 19 08:22:42 CST 2001

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:08:36 -0800, Duane Clark
<junkmail at junkmail.com> wrote:

>The "error message" below is bogus, and was introduced in a recent wine
>version. The patch for fixing it was submitted to CVS on Feb 28, but
>even without the patch, printing worked fine for me.
>
>Unfortunately, as Lee says, your setup looks fine. The only difference I
>have is that I am using Wine the a native windoze installation. Perhaps
>this is a DLL problem?

I have a no-Windows installation and Wine PS works fine for me.

If you're serious about getting this to work, consider the following
steps:
1.  Add a [printers] entry to your win.ini, identical to the [devices]
entry (I don't know if this is necessary, but I have one, and other
working examples seem to include it)
2.  Examine your registry (system.reg), compare it to the psdrv.reg
file
3.  Try printing from a different Windows application
4.  Run with debugging turned on --debugmsg +print,+winspool,+psdrv
5.  Compile Wine from source

-Lee Allen