nVidia and Starcraft

Hilmar Preusse hille42 at web.de
Wed Mar 21 07:58:16 CST 2001

Daniel Foesch <krach42 at aol.com> wrote:

> Fixed the problem of Starcraft not working... (how? I have no
> idea...) Finally got OpenGL games working (SOF worked because it
> linked libGL.so.1 instead of libGL.so... which both point to the
> SAME file... so I went about looking into why, and it turns out
> that nVidia's GLX installer does NOT remove any libGL.so* in the
> /usr/X11R6/lib directory. :P)

libGL.so is only needed for the compile-time linker, which is called
by gcc. The runtime linker ld.so don't cares about libGL.so, but is
looking for the file-name, which is the real name of the lib. This
one is set during compile-time of the lib (soname). libGL.so should
be part of the devel-package.

H.
--
!(man gcc | grep "time for that" | cut -d " " -f 9)
  Dresdener LaTeX-Stammtisch: http://www.ifbus.de/~schubi/LatexDD.html