Pb with xpm-devel

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Mar 22 11:29:28 CST 2001

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Vincent Leconte wrote:

> I found:
>     "configure:3136: checking for XpmCreatePixmapFromData in -lXpm"
>     ans that's all
> Is it good?
>

> > >but xpm-devel3.4k-10mdk.i586.rpm is installed on my system.
> > >
> > >I don't understand what's the problem.

You need both xpm _and_ xpm-devel.  -lXpm is in xpm and the header files
you need to compile code that uses it (Wine, FI) is in xpm-devel.

rpm -qi xpm-devel
Name        : xpm-devel                    Relocations: (not relocateable)
Description :
The xpm-devel package contains the development libraries and header
files  necessary for developing applications which will use the XPM
library.  The XPM library is used by many programs for displaying
pixmaps in the X Window System.

Install the xpm-devel package if you want to develop applications using
the XPM pixmap library.  You'll also need to install the xpm package.

Lawson
---cut here

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.