Half-Life sound problem

Markus Holzapfel stalled at gmx.de
Thu Mar 22 13:50:30 CST 2001

lawson_whitney at juno.com wrote:

> That looks like you want to make your "link partition" in the current
> directory?  How about,
>
> cp -RasP /mnt/windows .
>
> I think that should do about what you want.

I used the following... Let's assume that windows is on /mnt/windows and
your linux partition for emulated windows should be /mnt/linux/windows:
cd to the source (e.g. /mnt/windows):
cd /mnt/windows
find . -type d -exec makedir -p /mnt/linux/windows/{} \;
find . -type f -exec ln -s /mnt/windows/{} /mnt/linux/windows/{} \;
So you can mount /mnt/windows read-only and can't destroy your windows and
can copy all files you need write access to to /mnt/linux/windows. And you
can change write access to needed dirs (eg log dirs) and don't have to
enable symlinked dirs.
hth,

Markus