nVidia and Starcraft

Markus Holzapfel stalled at gmx.de
Thu Mar 22 13:39:18 CST 2001

Zac wrote:

> I've fixed problems with nvidia crashing (0.97).
> Kernel 2.4.2
> Asus TNT 16Mb SGRAM + tvout.
> How?
>
> Just recompiled kernel without agpgart support...and voila!
> no more crashes and segfaults
>
> PS: Option NVAGP is set to 1 so AGP works...i can see it in Xfree.log

Did you enable sideband addressing and fast writes in the source? Because
i did with the 0.9.6 drivers and they crashed on me when using nvidias agp
driver and ran fine when running with the 2.4.2 kernel agp. Without sba and
fw both were running fine but performance wasn't as good. I tried 0.9.769
and they crashed or froze the system often. And performance was only half
of 0.9.6. So the i went back to 0.9.6. Now: If i use the 0.9.769 with the
nvidia agp, does sba and fw work (stable)?
Cause else i'll stick to 0.9.6 for a while....
BTW: My CS ran fine all the time, but now it doesn't accept managed or
desktop anymore... it freezes and the last error message is:
fixme:system:SystemParametersInfoA Unimplemented action: 3 (SPI_GETMOUSE)
Don't know what i've changed... Anyone know how to fix this?
cu,

Markus