Printing problems with wine

lawson_whitney at juno.com lawson_whitney at juno.com
Thu Mar 22 20:58:53 CST 2001

| From nriedel at ix.urz.uni-heidelberg.de Thu Mar 22 21:43:07 2001
|
| I've tried the run with debugging on and this is the error message I got
| (apart from a bunch of other messages):
|
| trace:winspool:OpenPrinterW (printerName: L"WINE PostScript Driver",
| pDefault (nil))
| warn:winspool:OpenPrinterW Can't find printer L"WINE PostScript Driver"
| in registry
| fixme:commdlg:PRINTDLG_OpenDefaultPrinter Could not open printer WINE
| PostScript Driver?!
|
| This is my system.reg:
|
| WINE REGISTRY Version 2
| ;; All keys relative to \\Machine

| [System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Nls\\Codepage] 970847224
| "ACP"="1252"
| "OEMCP"="437"
|
| [System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Print\\Printers] 985293079

I think it won't change this entry unless you use -force.  What you are
trying to add is approximately:

[System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Print\\Environments\\Windows 4.0\\Drivers\\PS Driver] 985313622
"Configuration File"="WINEPS.DRV"
"Data File"=""
"Datatype"=""
"Dependent Files"=""
"Driver"="WINEPS.DRV"
"Help Files"=""
"Monitor"=""
"Version"=dword:0000000a

[System\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Print\\Printers\\Wine PostScript Driver] 985313622
"Attributes"=dword:00000000
"Default Devmode"=""
"Name"="Wine PostScript Driver"
"Port"="LPT1:"
"Print Processor"="WinPrint"
"Printer Driver"="PS Driver"
"Priority"=dword:00000000
"Start Time"=dword:00000000
"Status"=dword:00000000
"Until Time"=dword:00000000

( that is what I got by unfolding your psdrv.reg and feeding it to
regapi, but I didn't have anything for printers, because I don't have a
printer).  I think if you will look at the console output from regapi,
it told you it wasn't changing it because there was already an entry.

| This is my psdrv.reg:

[<wine>/documentation/psdrv.reg with some lines folded]

| I've called regapi like this:
|
| regapi setValue < /usr/doc/wine-doc/psdrv.reg
|
| and it says
|
| Wine exited with a successful status.
|
| To me it looks like a bug in regapi, because it doesn't seem to install
| the printerdriver in the registry.
| I also tried just to copy the content of psdrv.reg to the system.reg but
| this didn't work for some reason.
| Any suggestions? At least I know, whats wrong now, but I don't know, how
| to fix it.
|
| Hendrik

use

ragapi setValue -- -force </usr/doc/wine-doc/psdrv.reg

-force is not a normal option for a winelib program, so you have to pass
it that way, with -- to stop wine from trying to parse it.

ICBW, of course, but it is worth a try.

Lawson

Constants aren't, and variables won't.
---cut here